Duration: One Day
This unit covers the skills and knowledge required to effectively undertake small business planning,
in identifying and evaluating key components of a business plan and being able to select the best ways to augment small business planning and operations.
The specific aim of the course is to help someone who either wants to start their own business from scratch or has an existing business and would like to augment its performance above existing levels, through a thorough understanding of the requirements, options and processes used to develop, implement and effectively position a competitive business.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Daniele for the Business Planning course he conducted recently that I was lucky enough to be a part of. As a recent graduate in IT I realise that I'm highly proficient in my area of expertise but knew little about starting a business and all the key processes needed to ensure that it was done not only by the book, but in a way that would give you a chance at success. Suffice to say, I got everything I needed with this one day course and more.
Director and Senior Website Developer
Southern Pacific Digital
- Key business options available to small-medium businesses
- How financially viable and sustainable your business is given the current market conditions and trends
- Risk assessment: Cost benefit analysis. Your potential upside and downside
- New product testing and developmental process
- What business structure would work best for you based on your circumstances
- Legal requirements
- Protecting your IP and other assets
- Writing a business plan that’s effective and actionable
- Implementation of business plans and operational aspects
- Control: Ongoing process of review and adjustment strategy and tactics over time
- Broad range of topics covered within the course
- Assumes little or no prior knowledge of business operations
- Presented by a Certified Practising Marketer (CPM)
- Convenient one day format of course
- Nationally accredited qualification through the V.Q.A
Who should attend this workshop?
This course will be targeted at candidates who are either already working in a business or wish to buy their own business, and need to learn about the various aspects of identifying sound options and subsequently having the skills to effectively plan, implement and review the businesses performance.